Boulder Senior Center Activities, Boulder County Senior Centers and Events
Final Thursdays: Seniors get their own hikes the last Thursday of every month, thanks to Boulder County Parks and Open Space. The hikes run from 10am-noon, and include information on the area’s history, wildlife and resource management; meet at park entrances. Call 303-678-6214 or check www.bouldercountyopenspace.org for the schedule.
Circle of Care
Lavender Gala for LGBT Seniors
Senior centers offer older residents a place to meet other seniors and stay connected to the community with activities like day trips, classes, entertainment, support groups, fitness options, health screenings and meals. Check each center’s website for more details and a complete schedule.
- Boulder: West Boulder Senior Center, 909 Arapahoe Ave., 303-441-3148. East Boulder Senior Center, 5660 Sioux Drive, 303-441-4150. www.boulderseniorservices.com.
- Lafayette: 103 S. Iowa Ave. 303-665-9052; www.cityoflafayette.com.
- Longmont: 910 Longs Peak Ave. 303-651-8411; www.ci.longmont.co.us/sen_ctr.
- Louisville: 900 W. Via Appia. 303-666-7400; www.louisvillerecreation.com/seniorcenter.htm.
- Nederland: Various locations. 303-258-0799; www.nederlandareaseniors.org.