The 14th Annual Whittier-Mapleton Garden Tour is June 4, from 10 am to 3 pm!
Lots of things are going on:
- Tour the 9 private gardens
- Ask State University Master Gardeners any and all of your questions
- Local food trucks will be at the Mapleton Early Childhood Center on the corner of Mapleton and 8th Streets
- Kids will have the opportunity to participate in garden play activities and learn about the herbs, flowers, and vegetables planted in the school’s farm tubs by pre-school students
- Whittier students will be available to talk about the garden and farm tubs at Mapleton School and to demonstrate fun things anyone can do with just a few simple herbs – from flavoring lemonade to crafting “smelly jars”
In conjunction will be the Mapleton Hill Rummage Sale, now in its 12th year! Over 60 homes in this beautiful historic central Boulder neighborhood will be set up with yard sales, bake sales, lemonade stands, and more.
Tickets for the Garden Tour are $15 per person (no dogs), and the benefits go to the Whittier International Elementary School. Check out their website for the list of the 9 private gardens of the 2016 tour.