By Eli Wallace, Images: Flagstaff House Restaurant
Dear Readers, it’s time to accept the fact that, once in a while, those dollars start to burn a hole in your pocket. While it’s tempting to drop those hard-earned bucks on the nearest clothing rack, studies have shown that spending money on experiences, rather than things, make us happier.
If you can’t afford that flight to Bali but want to treat yo’ self, check out my new column, Money Splurge Monday (#M$M, obviously). I’ll occasionally post those splurgeworthy events in Boulder that, scientifically speaking, will make you happier!
The first #M$M -worthy event is this Flagstaff House’s beer dinner this Friday. Five courses of the fanciest eats in Boulder paired with New Belgium’s top-notch brews (think rare, reserve brews) will run you $126/person including tax and tip, and tickets are available here.
Here are a few niblets from this undoubtedly delicious experience:
• Hors d’oeuvres – Fat Tire & Slow Ride
• Rabbit Rillette, Frisee Salad, Rosemary Onion Jam, Pear Chips –
Pear Ginger Beer
• Kauai White Prawns, Lemon Risotto, Sage Brown Butter Emulsion –
Snap Shot & Transatlantique Kriek
• Crisp Duck Confit, Duck Breast Roulade, Orange Braised Barley, Arugula, Dried Cherry Chutney, Black Pepper Gastrique – Rampant & La Folie
• Banana-Bacon-Chocolate – Salted Belgian Chocolate Stout
I’m salivating, personally. Plus, this view:
I say go for it, Boulder!